Thursday, April 10, 2008

Exercise is HARD!

I've started a new exercise program, maybe you've heard of it "P90X"? I did the first day of exercises yesterday. It's no day in the park, just ask my 2 year old son, who observed the debacle with wary eyes. It went something like this....

It started out ok, just stretching and warming up. This is easy.... Halfway through, I had a STRONG desire to stop. I started thinking of rationalizations to stop. Dog underfoot. Kid in the fridge. Things to do. I pushed on through. It was difficult. A lot of different movements combined into one exercise (I did "core synergistics" and apparently "synergistics" means.... a lot of different movements combined into one exercise).

At one point, my son sat on his little toolbox eating a cheesestick and watching me. I could not finish a rep so I stopped. He looked at the TV and saw that the instructor was still doing the exercise, looked at me and said "Why you stop Mama?". It was incentive to continue.

I was wearing exercise attire and my belly was visible. My son, echoing my sentiment exactly, said "Why you do this?" indicating the exercise program. While grabbing a handful of belly, I replied "See this?" He looked at my belly and said "Oh".

Later on I tried to get him to join in. Just jumping around and stretching during the cool down. I said "Come on!" He said "No, me don't want to, me don't have one." I said "Have one of what?" He pointed to his tummy and said "One of those." I nearly collapsed laughing.

No comments: