Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer is Here!

The kid's are out of school and we've began our summer schedule. It will be a blur of summer camps and swimming lessons with some crafting crammed in between!

We had a good turnout at the "Savannah Market Bazaar" last weekend. A best seller: chenille play food. As a result of demand, I've been sewing furiously this week and have produced a collection of cupcakes, strawberry shortcake, watermelon, banana, apple slices, grapes, and strawberries! My kid's are eyeing them and little hands are itchy to play with them, so I hope to have them on my site by next week. I've ordered some adorable cherry baskets to make a pretend fruit basket for easy gift giving! Children just seem to like non-plastic, non-commercial toys better than the junk you find in large chain-retail establishments. Sure, you will pay more for a hand-crafted item, but it will have more meaning and better quality. Be sure to look for us at the next Bazaar, September 13th, and the 2nd Saturday of the month thereafter.

I am also going to start on the aprons soon. I am so excited to begin, but for those who know me, Type A, "things must be perfect", such as design down to the last ruffle, before I can begin. Great vintage reproduction fabrics are sitting in a forlorn stack, staring at me, just waiting for me to pick them up and create!

Have a groovy summer!

No comments: