Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ghost Girl in my Yard

I walked out the front door early one morning and found this little girl in a long lavender gown flitting about my front yard, chasing a butterfly.

Of course I was preoccupied with all the tasks yet to tackle on this particular day so my first thought was annoyance due to the effort it would take to corral this wild little spirit indoors.

Then I thought WHOA there crazy lady, you love this kinetic kiddo, SLOW DOWN...STOP and enjoy this whimsical moment, she's only a child once and if you can't chase butterflys in your lavender nightgown on a dew-sodden front lawn at 8:00 a.m. on a sublime summer morn, when can you?

Be bewitched by the simplicity, take a deep breath, time stops for no one...

Enjoy your day but most importantly, find the good in it!

No comments: