Thursday, July 2, 2009

Never Look a Gift Cicada in the Mouthpiece

Ever have one of those days when nothing seems to go right? And then we found this beauty!



Ahhh...the glorious bumbling Cicada! In the ground for 17 years, then bursting forth with it's cute bug eyes positioned on the sides of it's head and it's moustached mouthpiece...how could you not love this bug? Unfortunately this guy didn't live very long...we found him after he died and he now rests in peace on my work table...My Hibiscus plant had also quit producing blooms, I think I heard murmurings of "oppressive heat...dirty dishes...piles of laundry....fingerprint smeared windows....what a minute, that's me murmuring, not the Hibisci. But TODAY, a beautiful coral bloom, alone but cheerful, until I picked it to pose with my Cicada Gift Of The Day.


A day at the beach proved to have gifts of it's own variety. A huge military cargo plane made drop after drop after drop (I lost count after 11) of parachuteers (I think I just made up a word) right in front of us on the beach. They were so low that as soon as they jumped from the plane, the chutes billowed open, 6 men/women in a row with each pass. We could see the splash when they hit the water and see the boats speeding to pick them up.



Look for your gifts each and every day, no matter how small and unseeming, they ARE there.

No comments: