Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fantastic Chocolate Sheet Cake


I don't get to bake as often as I would like. There's usually 2 small children and a geriatric dog underfoot but yesterday I came across a recipe for a chocolate sheet cake that insisted I make it. The pictures of it DREW me in and floated around in my brain ALL day until finally after dinner when the kids were otherwise occupied destroying another room of the house and the old dog snoozing by her dish, I began, with lust in my heart and mixer in hand....




Let me also say, to this cake's merit, I am a picky cake eater. It must be moist - which I struggle with daily; dry skin, dry hair, dry cake. And I live in SAVANNAH for peach sake, possibly "The Moistest" city in the U.S.




I found the recipe here
and will be forever grateful to this lovely humorous lady for generously providing it to my dry-self.



In my haste to make this I discovered I was short one egg so I substituted a 1/4 cup veg oil but it still turned out so delicious. I skipped my dinner so I could have a piece. It was MOIST and RICH but I warn you, DO NOT attempt to eat it unless you have a half gallon of ice cold milk at your disposal.




No comments: