Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fins to the Left, Sailboats to the Right

The boy's favorite color is blue (and when I say favorite it's putting it lightly). He has STRONG feelings about that color and everything simply must be blue....
So I made sharky cupcakes for his beach party. I found the cool sailboats from a favorite Etsy shop "Hey YoYo" www.HeyYoYo.etsy.com that has the keenest cupcake toppers (and shop name) I've come across. The neon food color packs by McCormick has a color chart that tells you how to mix the drops of color for custom shades. I wanted "Stormy Blue" for the "water" on the cupcakes but was leery if it would turn out the color promised. Surprisingly, it was the exact shade!
I babied these pretties in the car trip to the beach and then they even survived the Death March from the beach parking lot to the actual beach party spot. I thought the kids would pick the cupcakes with the colossal gummy sharks, but they liked the plastic sailboats instead.


The below shot reminds me of a video off the coast of Florida a few years back when swarms of sharks were schooling around...






No comments: